September 10 Update
Construction activity is continuing to move forward and we have a busy week ahead. We were finally able to obtain the building, electrical, and HVAC permits from the City of Milwaukee this past week. With that major milestone behind us, we are now able to schedule contractors and construction that had been on hold.
The Fellowship Hall renovation continues to be our priority at this time due to the impact on the Eastbrook Academy lunchtime needs. We will continue to work on the Worship Hall as ordered equipment arrives and contractors are available.
It is good to see a higher level of physical construction ramp up this week and we anticipate significant progress by the end of the week.
Here’s what happened this week:
- HVAC Equipment delivered on site
- Building/Grounds Staff have completed a one-day class on the new HVAC system.
- HVAC electrical pricing finalized
- New Slat wall ordered
- Fellowship hall 2×2 ceiling light installation began
- Perimeter ceiling tile installation began.
Here’s what we’re working on this week:
- Remaining 2×2 ceiling lights installed in Fellowship Hall
- Fellowship Hall AV installation begins
- Finalize Path of Egress lighting design
- Possible – Worship Hall Stage modification begins
- Painting Worship Hall HVAC vents
- Finalize Ceiling Fan choice
- Please continue to keep this project in prayer and that we will give the issues over to God.
- Pray for the workers that are working in the ceiling and other heights
- Pray for staff and congregation that we are “understanding” as we navigate scheduling and technology challenges.
- Pray the City of Milwaukee does not expand the scope of the project for code compliance
- Pray we do not miss any key details and we are finishing designs and procuring equipment
Thank you for your continued prayers and support of this project.