Worship Service · 9:30 am
We’re looking forward to being together for in-person worship beginning June 21, 2020. We will start with one service on June 21 at 9:30 am, with hopes to add further services two weeks after that, if all goes well. It will be important for you to RSVP for the service you plan to attend so that we can abide by the 25% capacity guidelines the city recommends. Please register the Wednesday before the service beginning at 11 am on eastbrook.org/reopening.
Regathering for worship does not mean this is the end of the COVID-19 pandemic. To help keep everyone safe, we are instituting the following guidelines. Your cooperation is an important part of our ability to hold in-person services.
If you are over 65, have underlying health conditions, or are anxious about being in a large group to please consider staying at home and continuing to participate via Eastbrook at Home, Sundays at 8, 9:30 & 11 am. And if you or anyone in your household have any symptoms of illness, please stay at home for your sake and the sake of others.
Our staff has been working hard for you to come back to corporate worship and to insure your safety while you are here. Until restrictions are lifted, attendance at each Sunday worship service is limited to 25% of the worship hall’s capacity.
The following are some simple things to keep in mind and directions to follow as you prepare to come to weekend worship:
- When you come to the service you have RSVP’d for, we encourage you to bring a mask and sanitize your hands before entering the church. Hand sanitizers will also be available at the doors as you enter.
- We will have clearly marked entrances and exits. Only the Lobby and C-Wing of the church campus will be open and only certain restrooms will be available for use.
- Follow any signage or instructions given to you by the greeters and ushers regarding how to enter and where to sit. Please stay in the designated areas of the building.
- We will space the chairs in the worship hall to provide physical distancing in accordance with CDC recommendations. A minimum of six feet must be maintained between households. Please do not move the chairs and maintain your physical distance from those outside your household before and after the service.
- Masks are highly recommended –especially during congregational singing.
- Children should stay with their parents for the entire service.
- To minimize multiple contacts, bulletins will only be handed out by greeters wearing gloves and masks. There will also be no passing of the offering plates – offering will be received either online or through collection boxes located by each worship hall entrance.
- When Sunday service is over, we will encourage you not to linger in the worship hall so our cleaning crew can sanitize surfaces for future worship services. We know you’re eager to greet friends, but for everyone’s safety please maintain six foot of physical distancing and avoid congregating in small groups. The doors may be opened so you do not have to touch any surfaces as you depart. As you exit, sanitize your hands and do not remove your facemask until getting to your means of transportation.
- After service prayer will be available outside the worship hall following the service. Please maintain physical distancing as you receive prayer.
When you leave, please take your bulletin and any personal belongings with you. We will not be reusing bulletins so please either throw them away or take them home.
After every Sunday service, church staff will sanitize all frequently-touched surfaces, including chairs, door handles, microphones, and bathrooms.
At this time, there will not be any children’s ministry or other on-campus Sunday morning gatherings, such as mission’s prayer or adult Bible classes.