October 22 Update
We made visible progress this past week with the Fellowship Hall being just about complete all of the contractor work and finishes starting to happen in the Worship Hall. It was good to see the Fellowship Hall being used this weekend for the “Missions Unplugged” event in a bright and finished space. As you can imagine, there is a lot of work that takes place under the surface so it is nice to finally be able to see progress. Now that the Fellowship Hall is nearing completion, much of the work has shifted to the Worship Hall. Over the coming weeks you can expect to see many changes setting us up for the big final push to complete this project.
Here’s what happened this week:
- Fellowship Hall AC system complete. We now have air conditioning in the Fellowship Hall!
- New flooring added to the Worship Hall stage extensions
- Stage skirting completed
- Painting completed on the wing walls
- AC units in the Worship Break Room, Chapel/Prayer Room, and Parents Room installed. We will welcome this addition when the weather is both cold and hot!
- Handrail partially installed in the Worship Hall
- Path of egress lighting components ordered for the Worship Hall
- Core drilled holes for HVAC system electrical work in Worship Hall
- Worship Hall HVAC System ceiling units painted
Here’s what we’re working on this week:
- Electrical work in the wing wall to remove old boxes and wiring
- Begin installing electrical wiring for new ceiling light fixtures
- Begin installing Worship Hall HVAC System ceiling units
- Continue working on wing wall slatwall finish
- Finish new handrail for Worship Hall ramp
- Install cages for outdoor HVAC units
- Please continue to keep this project in prayer and that we will give the issues over to God.
- Pray that the work to install the HVAC ceiling units in the Worship Hall goes safely
- Pray for the workers that are working in the ceiling and other heights
- Continue to pray for staff and congregation that we are “understanding” as we navigate scheduling and technology challenges.
- Pray we do not miss any key details and we are finishing designs and procuring equipment