Naked Without Shame
Wednesday, February 28, 2018
When using Google Maps, the first piece of information required is your starting point. Without this information, it would be impossible for the website to create directions to your destination. In the same way, in order for your teenagers to understand themselves, they must understand God’s original plan in creating them.
In Session Two of the YOU program, we unpack the following topics:
- God created man and woman in his image and likeness.
- God is love, and his call for us to love is stamped into our bodies.
- In the beginning, the innocence of Adam and Eve allowed them to be “naked without shame.”
- With the Fall, lust and shame entered our story.
- Original sin still affects our daily lives, but there is hope.
When teenagers think about the story of Adam and Eve, they often remember only three things: a talking snake, an apple, and a naked couple wearing plants. As a result, our teens often give the biblical accounts of Creation about as much credibility as Alice in Wonderland or the Easter Bunny. However, this week will reveal to them the richness and wisdom of what God intended to reveal through our bodies.
Other Sermons In This Series
Hope and Redemption in Christ
March 07, 2018